We teach the following:
- Afrikaans and/or English speaking children with the cognitive ability to do the mainstream curriculum. (A psychological evaluation is required.)
- Children who were previously schooled through a different type of curriculum. Evaluation of such children, for example immigrants, is essential in order to place them in the correct grade.
- Children with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) with or without hyperactivity. If the hyperactivity (ADHD) is of such a nature that it becomes disruptive to the rest of the class, medication, therapy or an individual assistant may be required as a condition of acceptance.
- Children with learning difficulties. These may include serious challenges in communication, reading or Maths.
- Children who require the emotional security and structure that is possible in a small class.
- Children with mild symptoms of Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome. If the child’s social integration with the rest of the class becomes too distractive, medication, therapy or an individual assistant may be required as a condition of acceptance.